Thursday, November 21, 2013

Tour of My Classroom

Every day's a great day in fifth grade! A few people have asked me to post pictures of my classroom, so here you go!
This is how students turn in their writing workshop pieces. If students are waiting to conference with me, they place their drafts in the "conference" bin. Once they publish, they place their finished product in the "publish" bin to be graded. 


This year, we are trying out Daily 3 and CAFE. Our CAFE board contains each of the reading strategies and skills we're learning. 


A bookshelf contains the students' writing workshop binders. 


In fifth grade, we use a classroom economy as a management technique. The students can earn "Bush Bucks" for different things, including their salary for weekly jobs. 


This lovely frame hangs above my desk. It was made for me by last year's class. I love it! It even matches the theme of my room. :) 





I have scripture framed around the room to surround the students in the Word of God. 




One student's job is schedule changer, and he or she moves the magnetic strips depending on the day's schedule. 





In fifth grade, each student has his or her own laptop. We keep them in a cart in the front of the room. 


Our supplies tower contains anything crafty the students may need, including white boards and expo markers inside of baby socks. :) 


Students turn in their homework into categorized bins. This is super helpful when checking which assignments still need to be turned in. 



I have 4th grade for an hour a day, when I teach them writing, grammar, and spelling. Every Friday, they fill in an "exit ticket" with something they learned from the week. They place their exit ticket on the box with their corresponding student number. 




Each 4th grade pod has their own materials bin with their grammar books and workbooks. 


Reading skills and strategies are organized into one tower. 


Grammar skills are organized into another tower. 


Storage for anchor charts - easy access for students to refer to! 

Books are organized by genre in our reading corner. 

Thanks for visiting our classroom! 

Mrs.Bush

1 comment:

  1. THINK! I love it. Thank you for sharing your classroom with us, it is an awesome reflection of what an amazing teacher and person you are!

    ReplyDelete