Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Servant Hearts

Wow. My heart is so full of joy today. With Thanksgiving just around the corner, we have been focusing on what we can be thankful for and how we can bless others to show our gratitude. With that said, we had our class party today. It's become a tradition for our Thanksgiving and Christmas parties to become service projects. A little background: My husband and I have been involved in homeless ministry in downtown Charlotte for about four years now, and my students have amazingly emulated my love for the homeless. So today, we created just under 50 care packages to bring to our homeless friends. The students were SO excited, and their giving attitudes blessed me tremendously. After creating the packages, one of my students prayed over the bags and the recipients of the bags. As it does every year, his prayer pulled at my heart strings in such a powerful way. 

The simple act of making these care packages speaks volumes to those to whom these gifts will go. Each bite of the food is a message: there will be a day with no more hunger. Each sip of water speaks to the heart: you will one day forget the feeling thirst. Each care package is a glimpse into eternity. An eternity that is within reach, offered to all, through the blood of Jesus Christ. 

God bless you this Thanksgiving. 




No comments:

Post a Comment